Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

heavy metal map: custom printing map sheets

I'd forgotten all about this program, but I found the install files for Heavy Metal Map and put it back on my computer after ages. I used to play around with making my own maps with it, but it occurred to me, I could print out all of the official battletech map sheets, but making it so the textures of each hex type match, so they all fit together seamlessly.

I love the official painted map sheets, but each map sheet is in different colours and different styles. In this photo are four of the map sheets I printed out with heavy metal map, after changing the textures to all match, and making hills go from dark (low) to bright (high) like a heightmap. Anyway, I love how all the map sheets now blend together perfectly, even though they don't have the artistic quality of the official painted maps.


No comments:

Post a Comment